Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

BINGHAM WILL BE MARSHAL FOR ALUMNI

Named Chief Marshal For Commencement Exercises

William J. Bingham '16, Director of Physical Education and Athletics at Harvard, has been elected Chief Marshal to lead the Harvard Alumni at the Commencement exercises of the Harvard Alumni Association this June, the Association announced today.

Bingham, as Chief Marshal, will direct the traditional procession of Harvard alumni through the College Yard on the afternoon of Commencement day and will select the Aids and Marshals who will assist him in the operation of the day's alumni program.

Bingham was Director of Athletics here from 1926 to 1932, and has been Director of Physical Education and Athletics since 1932. He was track coach in 1921 and 1922. He represented the United States at the Olympics in Berlin in 1936 as Chairman of the Men's Track and Field Committee. He is now Secretary of the Football Rules Committee of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, and was formerly a member of the Executive Council of the Association.

In college he was First Marshal of his class, member of the Student Council and Captain of the Track team.