Former Defense Department General Counsel Appointed Harvard’s Top Lawyer

Democracy Center Protesters Stage ‘Emergency Rally’ with Pro-Palestine Activists Amid Occupation

Harvard Violated Contract With HGSU in Excluding Some Grad Students, Arbitrator Rules

House Committee on China to Probe Harvard’s Handling of Anti-CCP Protest at HKS

Harvard Republican Club Endorses Donald Trump in 2024 Presidential Election

ELI TANKMEN SWAMP PENN IN 66-9 ROUT

Harvard, Dartmouth, Yale Tied for Swim League Lead

The all-around strength exhibited by Yale in sinking Pennsylvania, 66 to 9, and another good performance by Dartmouth in defeating Columbia, 49 to 26, featured the second week of competition in the Eastern Intercollegiate Swimming League.

Dartmouth, with two victories, and Harvard and Yale, each with one victory, are tied for the lead. Columbia and Pennsylvania each have lost two meets. Navy against Pennsylvania at Annapolis on Saturday is the only league meet this week. Princeton makes its league debut against Navy at Annapolis, February 1.

Penn Gets a Second

Twenty-one swimmers scored points for Yale at Pennsylvania, and no Eli swimmer scored in more than one event. A second by Penn's Bob Walton in the 50-yard free style prevented a perfect score for the Elis.

Dartmouth's Roland Wilhelmy, by winning both the 220 and 440 races from Columbia, jumped into a lead in the individual scoring race with a two-meet total of 15 points. Columbia's Joe McKinley, with a first, a second, two thirds and participation on two winning relay teams, stands second with 14 points. The next three men, all of Dartmouth, are George Liskow and Art O'Mara, each with 12 points, and Roland Higgins with 11 points.