Hub Scribes Give Crimson Edge in Tight Game Today

White, Leahy, And Egan Pick Indians

Boston sports scribes who could be reached late last night gave Harvard a slight, edge over Dartmouth in today's stadium melee, though they all agreed that the game will be close and the balance may topple in either direction.

Will Cloney, of the Herald, said "Dartmouth is overconfident, and Harvard will start clicking this week with wideopen, new plays that they haven't pulled before. They should win on a more spectacular offensive game, with longdistance scoring plays. Of course, this is just a guess. Lee and McNicol will star for the Crimson, and Crowley for the Big Green. The Harvard line will hold its own, though Dartmouth may surprise." Score, Harvard 13, Dartmouth 7.

Dave Egan, Record columnist, picks Harvard to lose a moral defeat, instead of winning a moral victory. "But there is always the possibility that Harlow will think himself right into an immoral victory, as distinguished from a moral one. He has been saving up his entire offense for this very afternoon."

John English, also of the Herald, ventured to go out on a limb for the Crimson. "It will be timing and precision that will make the Harvard line superior, though Dartmouth has the better backfield. Frost is my favorite. He's a pip. It will be a very close game." Score, Harvard 7, Dartmouth 0.

Hy Hurwitz, football expert of the Globe, thinks Harvard is going to upset Dartmouth. "The Harlow attack is due to get started. I think Fran Lee will give Dartmouth a surprise." Harvard 13, Dartmouth 6.

Frank Leahy declares "It looks as if the Big Green were headed for another fine season. Harvard does not figure to be strong enough to stop the Indians."

Art Sampson, a third Herald man, gives Harvard a psychological edge and Dartmouth the edge in manpower, but refuses to predict a score.

Bob White, Post scribe, puts his money on Dartmouth. "The Harvard backfield hasn't the power to conduct a sustained drive for a touchdown. Score, Dartmouth 14, Harvard 7.