Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

Final Drive Planned By Fore River Group

A last minute high-pressure campaign to turn out over 100 students to canvass workers for the C.I.O. in the Fore River Shipyard of the Bethlehem Steel Corporation on the eve of the N.L.R.B. election, Wednesday, November 19, was announced last night by Ralph T. Siegler '43, Chairman of the Harvard Fore River Student Labor Committee.

The students, who will come from M.I.T., Simmons, Wellesley, Radcliffe, and Tufts, as well as from Harvard, will visit the homes of the shipworkers, as they have been doing in smaller groups for several weeks previous to hour exams, on behalf of the C.I.O. Union of Marine and Shipbuilding Workers.

The vote on the 19th will determine whether or not the C.I.O. will be designated as official bargaining agent for the yard. At present there is no official bargaining agent, although an independent union is also in existence.