TOUCH MATCH THURSDAY TO DECIDE '45 HALL CHAMPIONS

Straus-Mass., Lionel-Mower Lead Leagues I and II

Lionel-Mower and Straus-Massachusetts will meet on Thursday afternoon for a touch-football game which will determine the champion Yardling Hall. The winner's name will be engraved on the new plaque, to be set-up in the Union, and will be awarded 12 points towards the the Hall Athletic championship for 1942-43.

The two teams have battled their way to top standing in Leagues I and II. Each group includes six halls, and is headed by a manager, all under the direction of Adolph W. Samborski '28, director of Intra-Mural Athletics. Head manager of League I is Samuel C. Lawrence Jr., of Lionel Hall, while Donor Lion who lives in Matthews, controls League II.

Last week, Straus-Massachusetts and Matthews, who were tied for first in League II settled the dispute, with a victory for the Straus-Mass combination by a score of 42-30. Previously the two teams had won 4 games, and tied one. In League J. Lionel Lionel-Mower was the undisputed champion, with a record of 5 wins and no losses.

The winner of Thursday's contest will walk off the field the possessor of 12 points, while the loser will have to be content with 9. Other points are distributed according to the standings of the team.

The team with the greatest total points of the end of the year, garnered through the touch football, basketball, and soft-ball tournaments, will have its name placed on the plaque in the Union.

The basketball tournament will start in about two weeks, with games to be played on Tuesdays and Thursdays, extending through the winter. All matches will be held in the Hemingway gymnasium. Instead of playing each team in the League once, the basketball will be a double round-robin, with each team meeting twice. The winner of the first round-robin will clash with the champion of the second in each group, to decide the League Leader, and then there will be a League I vs. League II playoff.