PAN-AM MEETING TO ATTRACT 200

Two hundred Latin Americans studying in the United States and students interested in Pan-Americanism are expected to gather on November 16 from colleges all over Greater Boston, for a reception in Phillips Brooks House representing the first large-scale student demonstrations of hemispheric solidarity in New England.

All the consuls in Boston who come from below the border will attend the function, which is backed by the Pan-American society of Massachusetts as well as an equivalent Harvard group.

Aside from offering those interested in Pan-Americanism a chance to set acquainted, the reception will lay the cornerstone for building up Pan-American societies in other colleges, such as Boston University. Wellesley, Wheaten, Simmons, and Erakine, Radcliffe is the only nearby institution which already basis such a group. The Harvard society intends to held regular dinners in the future for all college students interested in South American relations.

Plans are developing to make recordings of the voices of the consuls and other guests at the reception. So that broadcasts of the event can be transmitted to South American.