Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

'42 CALENDAR MAKES DEBUT

"Harvard in Portrait" Has 14 University Photographs

The 1942 edition of "Harvard In Portrait", a calendar featuring outstanding photographs of the University, will make its debut today, it was announced last night by its publisher, Oliver R. B. Stalter '43.

This year's calendar is similar in format to the 1941 publication which marked the initial appearance of "Harvard In Portrait". Featuring the Eliot House Tower on the cover and a Harvard air view on the frontispiece, the 1942 calendar has a total of 14 pictures.

The pictures cover a wide range of subjects from House chimneys to the Discobolus at Hemenway Gymnasium, a picture taken by William R. Thurston '42, who cooperated on the photography. The pictures come from a number of sources being selected for subject as well as artistic value, according to Stalter.

The first and last pictures of the calendar, one showing the Eliot House time piece, and the other the big hands of the Memorial Hall clock, register the same time, 10:02 o'clock. "Pure coincidence", Stalter says.

The calendar is being sold through undergraduate representatives in the Houses and Yard, and at various Harvard clubs throughout the country. Over 2000 copies were sold in a week last year, and sales are expected to be even higher this year.