Norman Thomas Talks Here Sunday

Three-Man Yardling Group Plans Socialist's Speech

Norman Thomas, three times candidate for President on the Socialist Party ticket, will speak at Phillips Brooks House Sunday at 4 o'clock on a topic not yet announced.

Three Freshman, sole members of a newly formed organization, have arranged the speech, which will come after Thomas' debate with Max Lerner in Boston.

Attempting to organize a local chapter of the Youth Committee Against War, a nation-wide college group, the trio of Yardlings, Taylor Boggs, Arseni Karpovich, and David Heathe, call their own compact organization the Harvard Committee Against Dictatorship and Imperialism.

Outbreak of war caused the boys to change the group's name from the Harvard Committee Against War, a title which had been registered in the Dean's Office only Saturday, the day before hostilities began.

What Thomas will say Sunday is a matter of conjecture, since he was a noted isolationist prior to the Japanese attack, and has made no public statement since the declaration of war.

Caleb Smith 4G is faculty adviser of the local unit, which has as its primary objective the preservation of the democracy now enjoyed in this country, and the stamping out of dictatorship and imperialism, both in Europe and in America. The three Freshmen are equal in rank, all being members of the all-inclusive executive board.