THE MOVIEGOER

At Keith-Memorial

Once again the great Muni tears a page out of the history books and colors it up to a degree equalled only in Professor Merriman's Middle Ages. he gives us Pierre Radisson:wiry trapper with beady French eyes, teeth like Henry VIII and a goodly supply of Canadian-grown chin foliage. The plot is a confusing series of trips between the land of the beaver and the London lolly pops of the curt of Charles II-with enough of the former to make the show worthwhile. Hudson's Boy, John Sutton, finds Canada hard to handle, but Gene Tierney is a pushover for anybody. Several classic fisty scenes and some robust humor heavily handed out by Radisson's clum, Gooseberry, cover this necessary Valentine-exchanging well enough. You come out onto Washington Street with an almost insuppressible desire to pat everybody on the back and tell them what a beautiful world it is after all. You know that Muni has done it again.

Second feature, "The Invisible Woman," brings Virginia Bruce as we have always wanted to not see her-invisible. The trick photography is all in the best of Topper tradition; kicks in the pants emanate from the thin air, liquor glasses are drained and cigarettes smoked in their magical suspension. Light but laughy.