TOUGH MAT TEAM FACES COLUMBIA

By Evan Calkins

Greatly heartened by their showing against Navy last week, the undefeated matmen face a tricky Columbia outfit in the Indoor Athletic Building at 3 o'clock this afternoon.

Several important changes have been made in the line-up, in order to bolster the two weak spots encountered Saturday. Jim Redmon has been moved up from his regular 121-pound spot to fill the vacancy left by Bruce Richardson. This, incidentally, makes it considerably easier on Jom, who has been sweating off twenty pounds before every meet in order to reach the lower weight bracket.

Harry Blaine, a new-comer to this year's team, has been assigned to the 121-pound class. Harry wrestled in three meets last year, winning a fall in one. His style has improved considerably, forever, and he should put up a good fight.

A third change is the promotion of Tom Lacey to replace Dick Aldrich in the 165-pound position. Lacey's place is being taken by Bill Tyng, a senior. Bill is another dark horse, his only intercollegiate experience being in the Columbia meet his Sophomore year, and in the Easterns last season.

The other brackets will be filled as before. 128-pound Ted Schoenberg, newly elected captain, is almost a sure bet in his class, while Dick Thomas and Leo Ackerman should capably fill the 145 and 155-pound assignments.

The climax of the meet will be massive Vern Miller's battle in the Heavyweight class. The opposition will be within Vern's range this week, and he should have little trouble in garnering five points.