FESLERMEN FACE JUMBOS TONIGHT

James to Start in Place of Buckley In Changed Lineup; Game at Medford

By A. EDWARD Rowse

Sharpshooter Ed Buckley will be the only regular missing from Coach Wes Fesler's starting lineup when the team faces Tufts at 8:30 o'clock tonight at Medford. Bob James, a two year letter-man, will take his place, teaming with Bud Finegan at the guard post.

The rest of the starting lineup which has faced all six opponents to date will remain the same. Captain Franny Simpson and Joe Romano will hold down the two forward berths with Ed Rothschild at center.

Tonight's contest will be the first one for the Crimson since January 10 when the Dartmouth Indians grabbed the opening league game 34 to 31 in the Indoor Athletic Building. Tufts, on the other hand, has not been laid off so long, and is expected to cause plenty of trouble for the exam-ridden Feslermen.

Victors Over Brown

The high point of the none-too-impressive Jumbo record was the 31 to 29 victory over Brown at Providence. In most of their games, they have shown an 'erratic type of play which has made them look unbeatable at times and rather ragged at others.

Every member of the first team is a high scorer, each seeming to take turns leading the scoring pace. Captain Phil Gomez and Ted Haselton will start at the guards, Howle Redgate at center, and Jack Dowd and Al Shapiro at the forwards.

The game tonight will be the last non-league affair for the Feslermen before they jump into a rigorous league schedule starting this Saturday with the Columbia Lions at New York. The next Varsity home game will be against the highly touted Cornell five on Friday, February 14.

In a preliminary encounter, Coach Skip Stahley's once-beaten Yardlings will face the strong Tufts Freshman five.

Since the "social series" with Princeton during the winter vacation, the Hoddermen have had no official games, but the six has had several scrimmages against teams from Boston, and through out the examination period there has been optional daily practice.

In an attempt to shake the Crimson out of its doldrums, Hodder will ice the line which showed up best against the Tigers, with gridman Burgy Ayres flanked by Captain Prennie Willetts and George Duane. Sherm Gray is back in harness again, and will team with Stacy Hulse at the defensive posts. Ab Fenn is again in the nets.

Dick Noone at center teams with Gordio McGrath and Bill Claflin for the second line, and the third line which may see action is composed of George Gebelein and Caleb Loring at two of the posts. Jock Elliott and Dem Lloyd are engaged in a struggle for the other wing. George Dreher and Bill Stedman line up as spare defensemen.

Sophomore Forward Line

Williams boasts a polished forward wall composed entirely of Sophomores, which will put most of the pressure on the Crimson nets. Jack Daly, a Junior, captains the six from his right defense position. Conceded little chance of beating Yale by the experts, Dartmouth has walloped the Williams players by a decisive 9 to 2 margin, and Colgate has also won a 3 to 1 decision from the Massachusetts players