Plan Western Tour For Quintet

TEAM MAY TRAVEL DURING CHRISTMAS VACATION TO PLAY FIVE GAME SERIES

If present plans go through, next year's basketball team will take a western trip during the Christmas vacation, meeting Bradley Tech, Notre Dame, Michigan State, and the Universities of Detroit and Illinois.

It would be the first time since 1935 that a Crimson quintet has journeyed beyond the waters of Cayuga. In that year, Coach Wes Fesler led a group of hoopsters on a trip that included games with Ohio State, Toledo, and Witenberg.

Because of the dire financial straits of the H.A.A., the proposed trip would in no way be subsidized by the athletic office. The expenses of the excursion, which would amount to approximately $2000, must be completely covered by flat money guarantees before the Crimson hoopers leave Cambridge.

Prospects for the trip, however, depend upon the completion of a satisfactory schedule. Unless a suitable five-game schedule can be planned, the trip may fall through.

Such a western jaunt during the Christmas holidays would give the new court mentor, Earl Brown, a chance to round his charges into shape for the gruelling winter stretch. Other E. I. L. teams, which have made Western trips, are Dartmouth, Yale, and Princeton.