Harvard Lampoon Claims The Crimson Endorsed Trump at Pennsylvania Rally

Mass. DCR to Begin $1.5 Million Safety Upgrades to Memorial Drive Monday

Sports

Harvard Football Topples No. 16/21 UNH in Bounce-Back Win

Sports

After Tough Loss at Brown, Harvard Football Looks to Keep Ivy Title Hopes Alive

Harvard’s Greenhouse Gas Emissions Increased by 2.3 Percentage Points in 2023

THE MAIL

To the Editor of the CRIMSON:

...The writer in yesterday's editorial introduces all the arguments advanced by the A.S.U. for the abolishment of this American body. He accuses R. O. T. C. officers of denouncing "reds," praising the Dies committee, and expressing the necessity of defense appropriations. The Communistic A.S.U. objects to such a denouncing of their "red heroes" by the truly American R. O. T. C., and to the praising of the "autocratic, red-baiting" Dies committee.

While I don't heartily approve of all the tactics of the Dies committee, I believe that this committee has justification for this actions, because those who use as a shield the "Inviolability of the human person," are those who would destroy this inviolability at the first opportunity, and they must be dealt with by special measures. Thank God we have a Dies committee to disclose and put to an end the Trojan Horse methods of Communists, as advocated by Commissar Dimitroff. . . .

As regards the editor's accusation that current events are considered equally important with factual scientific training, I can only answer that I wish they were. In deciding grades, and who shall continue on in the course, intelligence and the student's aptitude in the "factual scientific work" are the only considerations. There is absolutely no coercion brought to bear on the student with regard to his personal opinions concerning our different current events. This is what our "fellow-traveler" of the A.S.U. calls un-American and un-democratic teaching--condemnation of "reds" and others who advocate the overthrow of our American and democratic ideals.