"H" Men Select New Executive Committee

At a meeting of the undergraduate members of the Varsity Club yesterday Endicott Peabody 2nd '42, J. Christopher Finegan '42, and Loren G. MacKinney '42 were nominated as vice-president and members of the executive committee respectively for the 1941-42 year. Their final selection will come at the Varsity Club's spring meeting.

Previously, undergraduates were given little opportunity to choose a slate of Varsity Club officers, and their nominating innovation comes as a result of the recommendations of the Students Council Committee for improvement of the Varsity Club. The retiring undergraduate officers are Sherman Gray '41, Donald A. Donahue '41, and J. Prentice Willetts '41.

New Committee

Peabody, Finegan, and MacKinney, along with the captains of each major and minor sport, will constitute the new Varsity Club House Committee with duties roughly similar to those of the present Undergraduate Athletic Council. This represents an extension of the influence and functions of the Varsity Club, and it is a move calculated to increase the prestige of the Club. There is no indication, however, that the Undergraduate Athletic Council will be abolished immediately.