IMPROVED PRINCETON EIGHT WILL RACE HERE SATURDAY

Princeton has definitely accepted the invitation extended it to participate in the race with Cornell, Syracuse, and the Crimson here this Saturday. As a result of the Bengal's decision to be represented on the Charles for the fourth consecutive weekend, the hope of the the Varsity crew squad for a slight letup in practice have been dashed.

Although the Tigers never realty pressed the Crimson in the first meeting between he two eights, which Harvard won by little over a length, they have since gone on to prove themselves one of the East's outstanding crows, and in a timetrial over the "dead-water" Lake Carnegie Course several weeks ago, they were clocked in 8:50 for the mile and three quarters, exceptionally good time.

When the wind which enabled the Varsity to smash all records on the Severn last Saturday was also responsible for the cancellation of the Carnegle Cup race between Princeton Cornell, and Yale, it deprived Tom Bolles of a valuable yardstick with which to judge the-relative merits of this year's Ithacan crew. Notoriously late starters, and in addition riddled by sickness this year, the Cornell crew has so far this spring rowed two losing races, one to Navy, which last week chased Captain Sherm Gray's boat across the finish line, and one to Syracuse, victor over Tech last Saturday by the narrowest of margins.