Golfers Favored in League Match Today

Harvard's undefeated Varsity golfers travel to Providence today for the series of matches with Williams , Holy Cross, and Yale which will decide this year's championship in the northern division of the Eastern Intercollegiate League. Harvard rules the favorite over both Williams this afternoon and Holy Cross tomorrow morning and undefeated Yale is slated to wade through Brown and Dartmouth.

In all probability the title will hinge upon the final Saturday afternoon clash of the Crimson and the Blue, but Dartmouth has an outside chance of getting a first place tie. The Big Green might upset Yale and earn a tie in the standings if Yale goes on to down Harvard. The winner of the norther division journeys to Stamford, Conn., next week to meet Georgetown, southern division standard bearer.

Williams has lost heavily by graduation, and Holy Cross has lost Eddie Foy, its star performer, but Yale has another well-balanced array. There will probably be anew face in the Harvard lineup tomorrow for Coach Hodder has decided to make room for fast-improving Ned Tuckerman, Yardling captain of a year ago in at least one of the weekend tests.

Don Peddie, Pete Macgowan, Watty Dickerman, and Don Elbel seem to be fixtures in the lineup, and either Bill Allis or Garry Davis will be replaced.