JV ELEVEN AND BOOTERS WILL FACE ARMY TODAY

Soccer Team Meets Tough West Pointers

By Joseph H. Sharlltt

Eager to rebound from last week's defeat at the hands of Springfield University, the Varsity soccer team faces the Army booters at 10 o'clock today on the Business School Field. The Crimson eleven will be seeking its third victory against the lone Springfield loss.

Coach MacDonald has the squad at full strength for the battle with the cadets. Bud Killam, halfback, and Fenton Taylor, fullback, are both back on the active roster after sustaining injuries which caused them to miss last week's contest.

Cadets Powerful

In the Army camp, Coach Ray Marchand has developed a team that will take its place with consistently powerful squads that are turned out year after year on the banks of the Hudson. Every fall Marchand builds a dangerous outfit out of a few stars and this year the standouts are goalie Bob Crain, center half Larry Swank, and wing Bob Mathe.

But this year the Army ran into bad luck in the second game of the season. Riding high after knocking off a competent Syracuse aggregation, the men in blue were given a beating by Princeton last week, 3-0. But even in this setback, the play of the Cadets was superior. Net-minder Crain was singled out for especial praise by the scribes, and the Varsity can thus expect no easy moments around the enemy goal.

Freshmen Meet Andover

In the afternoon the Freshman booters will play the Andover eleven on the Business School Field. Led by newly-elected Captain Dave Ogden, the team will try for its third victory as against one defeat. In the forefront of the '46 battle line will be high-scorers Roger Lazarus, Bill Guild, and Bill Keller.

The Varsity lineup