BUSY SCHOOL PLANS WORK

Student Board Centralizes Athletics, Social Events

Unifying extra-curricular activities in a graduate school accelerated and crowded by a wartime program, the Business School Association has been called on to serve as a clearing house for all student affairs at the graduate school.

Composed of the officers of the student body the Executive Board of the organization has recently assumed control of the active social committees and has reorganized the after-hours program to include a more diversified schedule of events.

Committees Handle Program

President James M. Collins, Vice President William s. Montgomery, Secretary Roger Hill and Treasurer Edmund W. Pugh have created five standing committees to handle speakers' programs and the numerous dances, smokers and stags that center about the Club building in the middle of the B School campus.

This structure, equipped with club rooms, a grill and a pool has been a haven for all graduate students in the past, the assumes a large role in the enlarged social program.

Athletic Program Prepared

The plan to broaden the activities to meet the new needs finds the Association prepared with a completed athletic program as well as plans for a speakers series featuring outstanding men on the School faculty.

Faced with the complex problem of planning for the free hours of the near thousand at the Business School, the Association now finds new and pressing problems rising out of the war changes. Housing, once a simple matter for a school blessed with large, modern dorms, now assumed the proportions of a problem which every man in the crowded halls must face. The association is in charge of room assignments as well as being in control of food, publications and other vital components of business school life.