Graduation Poll Extended, Present Vote Inconclusive

10th, 24th Popular Days for Graduation

With only one quarter of the graduating Seniors registering their opinions, the CRIMSON Class Day poll has been extended through today, and the ballots will again be distributed in the Houses and Clubs at lunch and dinner.

According to present totals, the 400-odd graduating Seniors and a half dozen accelerating Juniors who are entitled to vote prefer to hear the baccalaureate address by President Conant on January 10, but there is a margin of only two votes over the weekend of the 24th. Almost all of the men who voted supported a simplified Class Day Ceremony, while a class dance and a class supper were favored by many.

Examination Conflict

Support for the earlier date was probably largely due to the fact that many Seniors graduating with honors will have left Cambridge before the other weekends. It has, however, the disadvantage of occuring in the midst of general examinations.

January 24, the runner-up, escapes the general examination period but falls into the middle of midyears. It was probably preferred because it falls nearer the end of the term. The weekend of the 17th drew only half as many votes as either of the other two, since it comes at the beginning of the midyear examinations and apparently lacks the advantages of the other two.

As planned at the present time, the Class Day ceremonies would include the usual Ivy Oration and Class Ode, and would be under the direction of the Senior Class Day Committee. This group in addition will supervise any activities such as a dance for which arrangements can be made.