Hoopsters Face Penn, Princeton

Season Depends On Winning Both Games

By A.edward Rowse

It may be getting a little brighter on the Crimson hoop horizon, but it is up to the team whether this weekend's double-header with Princeton and Penn will darken it for the rest of the season or not.

Coach Earl Brown and company will have their hands full tonight when they face the Orange and Black in Tigertown and tomorrow night when they tussle with the dark horse Quakers at their practically invulnerable retreat, the Palestra.

The Crimson, hoopsters will have to be "hot" both nights if they expect any chances of victory. Princeton already holds one victory over the Crimson and still has its eyes on taking the league crown away from the Indians. It also boasts of the skill of Sophomore George Lawry, who defeated Harvard single-handed in the first game and who may even beat Broberg's mark of 180 for the season.

Tiger Offense Potent

The Tigers, whose only losses so far have been two hair-breadth decisions to Dartmouth, have sported the most potent offense in the league. But if it can be slowed down as in the first game and Lawry is kept off balance, the Crimson may pull a victory out of the fire.

Against the Quakers, the team will be facing the most underrated team in the circuit. It already has chalked up wins over Dartmouth and Cornell and is one of the hardest teams in the league to beat on its own floor.

In view of the fact that the Penn guards have been out-scoring its forwards so far this-season with set shots, the problem of devising a suitable defense is a man-sized job. Its pivot man is Chuck Viguers, who stands six feet, five inches.

Coach Brown does not know yet which platoon of players he will start. If he wants height, and this may be the majority of the time, he will, use, the new lineup of Burditt, Buckley, Lutze, Hyde and Rothschild, but the rest of the men are also destined to see plenty of action.