ALMNUS INDICTED IN ESPIONAGE CASE

Taken into custody at Tuscon Arizona, Grant W. Wiprud '41 was in dieted for violation of the Espionage. Act yesterday. Wiprud, a former member of Dunster House, was employed as civilian teletype operator when the Federal authorities brought against him charges of possessing and illegally transferring military data.

While here, Wiprud was active in dramatic work, having written and co-directed the Dunster 1940 Christmas play. He majored in History and Literature and was known to have aspirations for a writing career, Following his graduation, he returned to his Washington home, and was an aid at the Adjutant General's office before leaving for Tuscon two months ago. Wiprud's father is a member of the National Selective Service Advisory Council.

$10,000 Ball Set

Following yesterday's Tuscon arrest, officials announced that documents of a strictly military nature had been missing and were discovered in Wiprud's lodging. Information regarding the suspect's transfer of the date to unauthorized parties was also disclosed. Pending trial, bull of $10,000 was set.