'45 SLUGGERS TO PLAY CUBS

Freshman Tennis, Lacrosse Tilts Also Scheduled Today

Bud Mains, the right-hander who dropped a decision to Wentworth institute in the Yardling nine's first battle last week, will try again this afternoon, as the Freshmen take on the Boston University Cubs at Soldiers Field at 4 o'clock.

Other engagements this afternoon pit the '45 lacrosse squad against Tufts Freshmen on the Business School field, and Coach Dick Dorson's Yardling tennis team against Andover at 3 o'clock on the Divinity School courts, in its first match of the season.

Aside from the announcement of the starting hurier, no innovations have been planned for the Yardling baseballers by Coach Adolf Samborski. Hoss Hamlen will don the mitt and mask; George Casey, Vinnie Leahy, Jim Gallagher, and Jim Apthorp form the inner defense, and Don Richards. Steve Reidy and Billy Barron patrol the gardens.

The lacrosse team will be hoping for a comeback this afternoon, for the stickmen were soundly beaten 18 to 5 by Deerfield on Saturday. Untried in competition, the tennis squad may have some trouble against the Royal Blue. Its principal hopes rest on Mac Tufts, Gene Sands, and John Zinsser.