DINING ROOMS REDUCE SUGAR CONSUMPTION

One Teaspoon Limit Set Use of Coffee, Tea Cut

In accord with the demand that the University Dining Halls cut their sugar consumption in half immediately, beginning this morning one teaspoonful of sugar will be the maximum allowable for any one dish, Aldrich Durant '02, Business Manager, announced yesterday. All sugar bowls are to be removed from the tables, and the desired sweetening will be put on in the kitchens.

Further, since the consumption of tea and coffee must be cut 25 per cent, no seconds will be allowed on tea, coffee, or chocolate. However, seconds on milk will still be allowed.

Ration Registering Soon

At the same time, it was announced that all members of the University who are not commuters must register in Memorial Hall next week for War Ration Book Number 1. Radcliffe and Sargent students, as well as military men and their wives who are not with their units, must register at the same time.

The Cambridge rationing board has asked that the following schedule of registering be followed. Men whose names run from A to E should apply on Monday from 2 to 9 o'clock; F to M on Tuesday from 9 to 9; N to S on Wednesday from 2 to 9; and T to Z from 9 to 9 on Thursday.

Liquor Shortage

Rumors to the effect that there was an imminent liquor shortage were confirmed by a survey of provision stores throughout the Square. There is an acute gin shortage at present, and probably there will be no gin this summer, for the manufacture of smokeless gun powder is taking most of the alcohol produced for this brew. Although no rum shortage exists at present, it is expected soon.

The only bright spot to Harvard quaffers is that there exists a five year supply of whiskey. "Whether rationing will be applied to liquors as well as sugar is indefinite at present," but the general feeling among the Square's dispensers is that it is quite possible.