CRIMSON COMPETITIONS OPEN WITH BEER PARTY TOMORROW

6-Week Tryouts Are Strong Antidote For Spring Fever

Spring will be formally ushered in at Harvard tomorrow night at 7:30 o'clock when the CRIMSON opens its final competition of the year with a free beer party to be held in its palatial, red brick mansion at 14 Plympton Street.

Members of the Sophomore Class are invited to try out for the Editorial, Business, and Photographic Boards, while all boards will be thrown open to Freshmen, and the News Board for the last time.

Shorter Competition

The competition, in order not to conflict with the College's accelerated program, will be the shortest ever conducted, lasting only six weeks to the day and ending well before the final examination period begins.

If you are devoid of writing, business or photographic experience, don't be discouraged. Many a candidate has made the board without being the ex-editor-in-chief of a school newspaper, a super-salesman or another Margaret Bourke-White.

The advantages of being a member of "Cambridge's only breakfast table daily, serving the public 24 hours a day," are manifold. As a News candidate, you will find out what makes the University tick and will gain entrance to places ordinarily barred--ahem--from the student proletariat.

If you try out for the Business Board, you will receive invaluable experience selling yourself to hard-boiled advertising managers, while, as a neophyte photographer, you will have the advantage of one of the best dark rooms in the University.

As an editorial candidate, you will be given the chance to air your views ranging on subjects all the way from Sadie Hawkins Day at Yale to the latest arguments against conditioning classes. Circlers, Vags, book, play and movie reviews all fall within the scope of the editorial page.