SALE OF STAMPS, BONDS TO BE HELD

House Desks Open Thursday Seeking to Arouse Students

In an effort to stimulate the sales of War Bonds and Stamps among undergraduates, Phillips Brooks House War Service Committee has announced plans to establish desks in each House, at which House representatives will be available to all purchasers at specified times during the week. The sales will begin on Thursday of this week.

The new plan, which will replace the previously used door-to-door canvassing, is designed to bring the bond and stamp drive directly before the attention of the college. "The canvassing plan proved unsuccessful because of the difficulty involved in finding volunteers who would carry on the work with the necessary diligence," stated Richard L. Hall '43, chairman of the sub-committee charged with the bond sales.

Pledge Cards Planned

According to the new system, four Houses, will have their desks open on Tuesday, and the others, including the Freshmen Union, on Thursday, during the noon and evening meals. Final arrangements as to the particular day for sales in each House will be announced later in the week.

An additional phase of the sales plan will be the pledge cards available in each dining hall. All prospective buyers will be asked to pledge themselves to purchase a certain self-determined number of stamps each week.