LEVERETT DEFEATS DUNSTER GRIDDERS

Kirkland Takes Tennis Meet Conquering Winthrop, 4-3

Although all inter-House athletic activity was rained out last Friday, returning holiday weekenders yesterday turned out for a good schedule of football, softball, and tennis contests.

Touch Football

In the closest football struggle of the day, the Loverett Bunnies finally downed Dunster, 1-0, after both teams had held each other to a deadlock for the first three quarters.

The payoff score was registered when Charles Burlington pulled down a long pass from Lester Katz and raced across the goal line. The Bunnies swept the other end of the twin bill as their Freshmen beat the Dunster Junior squad, 3-0.

Playing the second tight scoring game of the afternoon, the Eliot upperclass footballers shaded Winthrop, 3-2. Don 2Daniels stood out in the Eliot passing attack and Bob Wachman made several long runs for the winning team. The Elephants' Freshman squad defaulted to the Puritans, however.

Softball

The last place Dudley Ramblers met the seventh place Adams team in the only softball tilt of the day with the cellar position at stake. Adams won, 8-5, behind the pitching of Sylvester, and left Dudley trailing the field more firmly entrenched than ever.

Tennis

A tennis meet between Winthrop and Kirkland, scheduled for Friday, but rained out, was played off yesterday, with Kirkland gaining the upper hand, four matches to three. The No. 7 match, which decided the series, was taken by Kirkland when Winthrop defaulted.