GRADS FAIL TO FINISH MIL SCI

Army Specialized Training Program Calls Men to Duty

Advanced course R. O. T. C. students, who are graduating from College on January 31, have been called to active duty before they have completed their courses in Mil Sci, according to reports from R. O. T. C. headquarters in Shanon Hall.

The premature calling is effective under the initiation of the new Army Specialized Training Program, which calls Advanced R. O. T. C. students to active duty, but allows them to finish College. Under the accelerated program men are graduating sooner than they normally expected and consequently being called to duty sooner.

Sawhill Only Man to Complete Course

Regimental Commander John E. Sawhill '43, is the only man in the group of 31 effected, who has completed the fourth year of Military Science. He took both Mil Sci 3 and Mil Sci 4 last year.

No definite plans have been released from the War Department concerning the actual date when these men will be called to duty, but Colonel Smith, assistant P.M.S. &T., pointed out that it was customary for a man to be given ten days or two weeks after completion of a college term.

Training Place Undetermined

Again Colonel Smith points out that he could only guess about facts which came exclusively from higher sources, but he considered two possibilities about the assignments of the 31 men.

Either they will be inducted at Fort Devens and sent from there to Fort Sill for Officers Candidate School training, or they will go directly to Fort Sill for both O.C.S. and induction, he predicted.