State Offers Courses In Math and Physics

Teachers to be Trained in Vital War Education Fields

Designed to meet a wartime shortage of qualified mathematics and physics teachers throughout Massachusetts, a special retraining course in each of the subjects will soon be offered to teachers experienced in other fields, it was announced last night by the Harvard Graduate School of Education.

These courses, meeting for four hours every Saturday morning for fifteen weeks, are still open to teachers who wish to equip themselves to train students in these vital war studies, and although a preliminary meeting took place on January 9, registration will not close until this Saturday. No tuition will be charged. This is part of the war training program of the Common wealth of Massachusetts Department of Education, according to the Graduate School.

At the same time the School of Education called attention to a course being given in the teaching of basic preinduction subjects, principles of mechanics, electricity, and radio, which is designed to help science teachers prepare to give training the Army has recommended for high school students.