PRINCETON ANNOUNCES INTENSE 1-COURSE PLAN

3-Week Grind Will Net Semester Credit

In an effort to meet the problems arising from the indefinite stay of the ERC at college, Princeton University has organized a program of intensive three-week courses, each equivalent to one course of a normal semester.

Under the plan, each student in the ERC will be able to take one intensive course beginning on February 8 and will have a half course credit by the end of the month. The names of all students not returning for the spring term must be sent to the Army and those students become liable to immediate induction.

Announced by Robert K. Root, dean of the Faculty, the new program will consist of courses corresponding to those usually offered in the spring term. Each course will meet for 12 hours a week.

Considering Second Term

Any student called up before the end of the period will receive "an equitable refund," but simultaneously Princeton officials are making plans for a second three-week session from March 1 to March 20 if conditions warrant.

During the intensive period, men graduating in the spring who are not in the ERC can finish their Senior theses, while men in "1944 normal and 1945 accelerated" will be able to complete departmental essays and other independent work of Junior year.

Harvard officials saw the plan last night as a modification of the current Princeton system by which men liable for military service in the near future can prepare for their divisionals by foregoing distribution courses until those examinations were out of the way. Because of the fundamentally different arrangement, the inauguration of any such plan at Harvard was regarded as improbable.