Signal Corps Offers Communications Posts

Unassigned ERC Men Only Eligible for New Positions

Unassigned members of the ERC, Juniors and Seniors who have had or who are taking courses in Electronics, Physics, or Electrical Engineering can now study the latest "ultra modern" in communications methods under the Signal Corps, Major Walter A. Brown announced yesterday.

Students interested in assignment to this specialist training should leave their names at the War Service Information Bureau in Little Hall 11 today or tomorrow. A representative of the Signal Corps will be in the College all day Wednesday to interview applicants.

Changed Requirements

Previously the requirements for a specialist's commission in the Signal Corps has been an A.B. degree in Electrical Engineering (specializing in communication) or a B.S. in Electronic Physics or Physics, or else the applicant had to be a student in the reserves whose course of study was towards a degree in one of the subjects above. Now only, courses in these subjects and not concentration is the requirement.

Proclaimed as "the men who get the message through," the Signal Corps provides not only specialist training vital to the war effort but also promising of a lucrative career after the war.