'47 Dance Tickets Go On Sale Today

Lowell Dance Semi-Formal; Girls to Wear Evening Dress

Tickets are today officially on sale for the Freshman Dance, which is scheduled to follow the Boston College game on November 20, the Freshman Committee announced last night. Representatives have been chosen in each of the civilian House, in the V-12 Unit, and in the AST Reserve Unit.

At the same time, the Committee warned all those who plan to attend to take note of the fact that the dance is semi-formal and to ask for their dates soon so that the girls will have adequate time to prepare for the dance. According to the current interpretation of semi-formal, the girls will wear evening clothes while the men are expected to appear in dark business suits.

Having played before at Harvard and recently in Boston, Artie Ross and his orchestra will not be in unfamiliar territory when they appear as the Dance's feature in Lowell House.

Planned originally as a medium for carrying out the Committee's policy of integrating more closely the various units of the Class of '47, the Dance is going a bit further by being the only College affair during the last football weekend of the year. The Committee expects this singularity to increase the attendance, thus making both the policy and the Dance successful.

Stephen D. Becker is chairman of the Dance with the remainder of the Executive Committee assisting him in various capacities.