CRIMSON QUINTET SWAMPED BY CAMP THOMAS TEAM, 66 TO 39

Warren Is High Scorer As Soldiers Use Numerous Subs

Camp Thomas's postgraduate basketball team hit the Crimson's amateur five like a ton of bricks Saturday night at Davisville to topple Floyd Stahl's boys 66-39, in a game that was never even close.

The soldiers opened up with a basket by Joe Mahoney, formerly of Scranton University, and then the Crimson tied it up on a shot by Dean Hennessy. Then Harvard appeared to lose interest.

While ex-college stars John Sullivan, Ed McNamara, and Bob Helms poured the ball through the basket for ten minutes, the Harvard score stood at two. The grand total finally reached 22-2 before the Crimson bestirred itself and began to make a game of it. At the end of the half the score was 32-19.

That last five minute splurge, however, cost the Crimson dearly, for Ray Eder, Hennessy, and Don Geeson were lost to the team early in its second half continuation. And with them went the ball game.

The score of the game should not be taken literally. The Crimson has definitely improved and shows signs of preparation for the Yale game. In any consideration of Saturday's game it must be remembered that the Camp Thomas starting lineup averaged 6 feet, two inches in height and 23 years in age. All had had considerable experience, and the soldier team could undoubtedly have run up a bigger score if it had wished.

An addition of inestimable advantage was Hennessy, who trailed high scorer Warren's 13 points by one. Also outstanding for the Crimson was substitute Holland with seven points.