CHASEMEN ROUND BACK INTO FORM WITH CRUSHING 6-1 DEFEAT OF ARMY

League Lead Still Possible for Sextet

Varsity improved over their last outing, the Crimson skaters whipped the Army sextet 6 to 1 Saturday afternoon on the Cadets' rink, thereby still holding a slim mathematical chance to cop the Pentagonal League crown.

Most of the Crimson difficulty at the Point came before the contest ever started. After switching from train to bus on their journey, the Chasemen found that vehicle unable to make the high hill which runs up to the Academy. The squad was forced to leave the bus, and all the team's equipment was carried up the hill. This hegira delayed the start of the game half an hour.

Cold Weather, Big Rink

The battle itself was played in very cold weather on an unusually large rink. The Cadets, despite their cellar rating, put on a good performance, covering very well in front of their cage, and it took good hockey on the part of Coach John Chase's men to rack up six goals.

Freshman Ossie Elliott started proceedings with a score in the opening period, and Captain Earle Acker added another in the second stanza, a tally which Army matched half a minute later.

That Name Again

Then the rink firm of Harding. Harding, and Harding (goal-scoring-division) went to work. First Billy, Freshman wing tallied twice, ending once and for all the paucity of goals which has plagued his play lately, and then Dick Harding, who specializes in this sort of thing, netted the final pair. Goalie Goodle, whose last name is also Harding, looked on disinterestedly from the cage.

For the Cadets, ex-Harvard men George Casey, number one defenseman, and Dick Whittington, wing on the third line, turned in creditable performances.