Hungry Indians Meet Unpredictable Crimson

Defending Title, Dartmouth Favored Over Burditt-less Varsity in Tonight's Contest

By Irvin M. Horowitz

The hottest team in the Ivy League meets the screwiest team in the Ivy League tonight, when the defending champion Dartmouth Indians, with a lean and hungry look, invade the Indoor Athletic Building for a contest with the unpredictable Crimson five at 8:30 o'clock. In a preliminary contest scheduled for 6:45 o'clock, the Junior Varsity takes on the Boston Boys Club.

Since Princeton upset the Big Green in its opening contest, the Hanover quintet has been little short of terrific. Five straight scalps have entered the New Hampshire wigwam, the Crimson's among them, and Dartmouth is anxious to move to its sixth successive League title.

The men of Coach Earl Brown, on the other hand, have their first League victory of the season--that hysterical, emotion-packed upset over Princeton--to look back upon. Every year the men from the Square come up with one unheralded triumph; last year these same Indians felt a sudden Crimson outburst at the Varsity court.

Burditt Gone

But Brown has lost "Bunks" Burditt, and the high-ccoring pivot man will be bard to replace Hugh Hyde, "who succeeded Bunks as captain, will start at the center berth, with Mike Fansler and Jack Torgan at the guards. George Dillon and Dean Hennessey get the starting nod for the forward slots.

For Ossie Cowles' Hawkeyes, the point-crazy trio of center Jim Olsen, who went for 22, points against the Varsity at Hanover, currently leading the Ivy League in scoring; Bob Myers, right behind Olsen with 67 points in six contests; and George Munroe, who led the loop in scoring last year, are still on hand Guards Jim Briggs and Captain Stan Skaug will also be around to make life miserable for the Crimson forwards.

Just what defensive tactics Brown plans to use against this formidable outfit must reain a deep dark secret; but it is a safe assumption that the strategy which held the Nassau courtmen to 32 points Saturday night may be given another airing. Whatever the result, Crimson basketball fans will see in Dartmouth what is probably the best cage combine to visit Cambridge all winter.

The lineups: HARVARD  DARTMOUTH Dillon, lf  lf, Munroe Hennessey, rf  rf, Myers Hyde, c  c, Olsen Fansler, lg  lg, Skaug Torgan, rg  rg, Briggs