HDC, IDLERS WILL GIVE JOINT PLAYS

Next Performance Probably To Take Place on April 15

Heartened by the success of their collaboration in the production of "Mashenka" last fall, the Harvard Dramatic Club and Radcliffe Idler will again unite in putting on any plays to be given by the groups during the spring term, Charles R. Dean 3rd '46 and Betsy Norton, respective heads of the two groups, announced yesterday.

Hard hit by the shortage of manpower and womanpower, the clubs are forced to limit themselves to plays requiring only small stage crews. Productions now being considered are George Bernard Shaw's "In the Good Old Days of King Charles": "Afton Water," by William Saroyan; and "Awake and Sing," a creation of Clifford Odets. Since performance dates have been set tentatively for April 15, 16, and 17, the players will probably arrive at an early decision on their choice. Dark horse among the plays considered is a new drama written by Norman Mailer '43, "Man Chasm."

Whatever the production, it will be staged in Brattle Hall and directed by Phyllis Stohl. To avoid repetition of the financial difficulties which the clubs encountered in "Mashenka," the next production must conform to a budget set up beforehand.