FIRST FROM '43 MIL SCI LEAVE

31 January Graduates and 68 Quartermasters Inducted

Thirty-one ROTC men from the Class of '43, and 68 men from the Quartermasters School are now at Fort Devens for basic training, following their induction here Saturday morning.

At about 8 o'clock the group left Phillips Brooks House in a convoy of about 15 army trucks for the Induction Center. Several army officers were present and stood at attention as the men left.

Following the Devens training, the ROTC men will be sent to the Artillery School at Fort Sill, Oklahoma, while the Quartermasters will go to Fort Lee, Virginia.

Representing the first of the Class of '43 graduates to be inducted, the ROTC men were graduated on January 31 without completing their military science courses. The premature induction was effected through the special provisions of the new Army Specialized Training Program. Regimental Commander John E. Sawhill 43 was the only one of the group to complete his full military science training without skipping any part of the course. Other members of the Class of '43 who did not accelerate will be allowed to continue in College until June, at which time they will be inducted.