April Grade Delayed In Freshman Courses

'Hour' Mark Same as Cumulative Reports

In order to prevent possible duplication of the April hour examination grade with the cumulative reports due on April 13 for all men leaving College for the armed services, no special April hour mark will be issued, Dean Phelps announced yesterday.

The April grades, which were originally due on March 25, have now been merged into the cumulative reports which are to be handed in to the Records Office by April 13. Thus, instead of making out two separate sets of grade sheets, the cumulative grade alone will suffice for the April mark.

This new merger may alter the dates of hour exams in some courses, where a March hour was given to meet the March 25 deadline. Such actions will be managed by the individual courses and instructors without any general rule binding the March hour exam.

Faculty Vote Applies

Since these reports will serve as cumulative grades on which credit for the term may be given for men entering the armed services, the Faculty vote of February 9 will apply to them. The grades shall be based on "suitable tests (hour examinations, daily or weekly quizzes or exercises, theses, themes, or written reports)."

These examinations "shall cover the content of the course to the time of the student's withdrawal from college and include some test given after March 31." This test, given some time between April 1 and 10, would be in addition to any hour examinations that may have been given during March.