STATISTICIANS END TRAINING

150 Receive Commissions In Graduation Ceremonies

In a graduation ceremony held at the Porter Auditorium of the Harvard Business School yesterday morning, 150 members of the Army Air Corps Statistical School received their second lieutenant commissions. Colonel Trubee Davison, Assistant Chief of Air Staff under Army Air Force Commander General Arnold, was the principal speaker of the day.

Lieutenant Colonel Harold J. Smith, former commander of the Second Statistical Control Unit of Spokane, Washington, was presented with an honorary diploma by Major John F. Heffin, Commander of the Statistical School. Lieutenant Colonel Smith leaves Boston soon to begin work with the Air Force in Europe. Professor Edmund T. Learned, professor of Marketing at the Harvard School of Business awarded a coat of arms of Colonel Davison.

Statistical School head Major Heiffin was in charge of the entire graduation ceremony. Other speakers on the platform were Lieutenant Roos F. Jones, instructor in military law at the school and Colonel Davison's aide, Major H. M. Baldridge.

These 150 men were the seventh class to be graduated from the Army Air Corps Statistical School since the war started. The second lieutenants will become administrators of military airfields all over the world. They have earned the nick-name of the "Singing Satisfactions" because of their habit of singing as they marched to and from their work.