Scuttlebutt--

The Beachcombers of Company E

The colored Music Hall movies were a big attraction last week . . . Everybody went to them . . . Next week Metro's AR-ABIAN NIGHTS. Don't miss it. . . . Platoons 7 and 8 finally got to the Navy yard . . . Ed Slater says it's just like Hollywood--super colossal . . . Jack Shenk and Bob Sugarman can now define a quarterdeck . . .

The boys in Holworthy-M claim "the best news of all comes from Purity Hall" . . . Platoon 8 wants to know where was Wallace all Week-end . . . .

Saturday night it looked like all E men had the night air in their blood . . . The week-end found them at the Statler, the Commodore, the models' dance, the Copley Plaza, the movies, and even the Officers Club . . . Bill Askew stayed home with his code set . . . for a while . . .By nightfall the boys on watch were talking to themselves . . .

The Statler wasn't crowded, if you sat on the steps . . . Lloyd. Stanley found it was more fun bumping around to Ruby Newman's music . . . John S. Taylor spent most of the evening trying to get his coat back . . . Norm Bradley was making the music tingle eight to the bar. He hit more than one bar before the mid-night music closed the show . . . Ford Boyd, Ed Thomas, and C. B. Hanson held a huddle in the Statler lobby to figure out their next play . . . Last seen, they were calling signals for the Copley Plaza . . . Forman was the only C-V (X) in the Grand Suite enjoying the hospitality of the Eastern Airline Hostesses . . . Harold "Doc" Savage imported a date from Northampton. He insists she was a civilian . . .