Q. M. COMMUNIQUE

By Richard D. Robinson

The story of the HBSA Executive Council's most recent rift is one of verbal disorder between a Republican majority and a Democratic minority.

Dissension sprang up among the council members when Cadet Ralph Turlington rose to move that the Student Club subscription to the "Chicago Tribune be discontinued in favor of the "Chicago Sun." The motion was seconded by Cadet Tom Ware, The Republican council rejected the motion six to two.

G. O. P. Lines Hold

This wholesale rejection was quickly followed by a motion offered by Ware to the effect that the HBSA subscribe to at least one Democratic New York paper, pointing out that the Atlanta Journal is the only Democratic paper taken among the fifty to which the HBSA subscribes. The motion was seconded by his colleague, Turlington, and was defeated by the usual partisan six-to-two count.

Ware rose to his feet again, this time to move that the Association sponsor a farewell party for the maids. The consensus of opinion seemed to be that each man should let the punishment fit the crime and that action be guided by individual conscience. The motion died from lack of a second. By way of an apology, Ware claimed that the motion was introduced only on behalf of a constituent, the whom we will leave anonymous.

Association president Charlie Whaler presented a motion that the "Harbus News' be discontinued by reason of the creation of the SERVICE NEWS. The motion died for want of a second with several of the council members speaking against the motions.

It was pointed out that some of their constituents were still not in the service, and therefore not reached by the new publication. It was felt, therefore, that the HBSA is under obligation to this group, and should continue publication of the "Harbus News" until June, at which time the affairs of the Association are expected to be suspended for the duration.

W. C. T. U. Speaks

Turlington, author of the successful "no-liquor-at-HBSA-expense" bill, reminded the social chairman that the rule would be considered in full force at the next HBSA dinner. The social chairman in turn pointed out that he would gladly act as procurement agent should council members care to provide privately for any refreshments at their own expense.

This brought Turlington to his feet with the motion that the beer served at the Students Club be analyzed for alcoholic content in order that the three-point-two rule be rigidly enforced. The motion died lacking a second.

The meet was brought to a close with a roud table discussion in which the Board finally came into agreement that should the informal Saturday night dances become too popular for the Student Club facilities, steps should he taken to secure additional space, probably Chase Hall dining room.

And so go the affairs of the Harvard "B School" Association....

March 1 has come and gone, and the QM-ROTC unit goes into borrowed time. March 1, 1943 was to have been an important day in the lives of some 300-odd Quartermaster cadets here at the "B School", for it was to have been the day of induction into the Army. However, according t the latest reports as this is written, still no announcement setting the induction date is forthcoming, nor is there any indication when it will be.

Rumors have circulated widely and with astonishing speed, as only rumors planted in the fertile atmosphere of the "B School" can. However, one of these, which has come from usually reliable sources, bears the stamp of at least reasonable authenticity--certainly more so than the "Snafu" Fowks Variety.

In short, it seems that high authorities have predicted an April induction, and perhaps one of even later date. The explanation for this unexpected delay is that it has been made necessary to extend negotiations between the Army and the Business school in respect to the details of maintaining the unit here after it has been inducted. It is understood that negotiations have been relaunched this week on a new tack.