MED RESERVES TO BE CALLED

Army Members Will Return To School Work as Privates

All members of the Army and Navy reserves at Harvard Medical School will be called to active duty sometime at the beginning of this summer, it was revealed this weekend.

The Army members at the School are classified now as 2nd lieutenants MA-AUS of the reserve. They will go on active duty around the end of June, first going to Fort Devens for induction, then returning to the Medical School where they will continue as Privates 7th class, in uniform and barracked in Vanderbilt Hall.

Classified now as Ensigns H-V (P) of the reserve, the Navy men will be activated at the beginning of the summer session as midshipmen, living either at School or, if they are married, near the School buildings on Longwood Avenue.

Both groups will receive regular base pay, as well as tuition, room and board. The Navy will probably have to buy their own uniforms but they feel more than compensated by the fact that they will have part of the privileges of an officer. The chance to live away from School, which has been welcomed with joy by the married Naval Reservists, has caused "considerable dissension among the ranks."