ERC MEN TO GO ON JUNE 5; NO MARINES TO TRAIN HERE

Reservists Ordered To Report for Duty

Reversing the procedure of last winter and calling students to active duty five days early instead of a month late, the Enlisted Reserve has sent out orders for a large group of men to report to induction centers on June 5 instead of June 10 as was formerly thought, according to Elliott Perkins '23. Director of the War Service Information Bureau and Master of Lowell House.

These men, who constitute a large part of the ERC men of the College who will be called to duty this summer, will follow the regular procedure of induction and basic training which has already been handed out to their one time classmates who left earlier this year.

Induction

ERC men in this Service Command will be sent to Fort Devens where they will receive uniforms, shots in the arm, and the rest of the rigamarole of induction. They will be classified and sent for basic training at a replacement center for the branch they enter.

As formerly announced, all pre-medical students will be inducted into the Army this summer and receive basic training. It is expected that some of those called to duty on June 5 are in this category.

Those who have already completed their requirements and have been accepted at a medical school will receive basic training until the time comes for them to go to the universities where they are going to study.