Everts Announces Schedule Of '44 Class Day Festivities

Spread is at Lowell; Supper at Kirkland

Definite plans for the 1944 Class Day festivities have finally been announced by Albert P. Everts, Committee Chairman. The Class Day proceedings, which begin at 2:30 o'clock on May 28, will be conducted in the Kirkland-Eliot-Winthrop House triangle.

Commencing with a poem by class poet Tom Bridge, the rites include a song led by chorister Don Harting, a speech by orator John Corrigan, and an ode written by acting odist Richard N. Swift.

Buffet Supper at Kirkland

The buffet supper which is to be laid before the hungry Seniors at Kirkland Houses at 6:30 o'clock was arranged by Grover O'Neill and David Baldwin. From 10 to 2 o'clock, Lowell will be the scene of the Senior Spread, which dance chairman Stephen W. Gifford announced would be open to both the Class of '43 and '44.

The Seniors will have to be up by 11 o'clock for the Baccalaureate and Chapel services conducted by Dean Sperry in the Widener quadrangle. A new addition to the Commencement exercises that begin at 2 o'clock, will be the presentation of commissions to members of the Naval Science department. Alumni president Walter S. Gifford will speak before the past graduates later in the afternoon.

Conant, Saltonstall to Speak

As previously announced, Governor Saltonstall and President Conant will speak at the graduation proceedings. Of the 7000 people expected to attend, 4000 will be officers and their families stationed here. The increase in the anticipated crowd has necessitated the switch in location from Sever Quadrangle to the spot in front of the church.

The following men from the Class of 1945 will be ushers at the rites: James S. Apthorp, Samuel R. Davis, William Cliff, William O. Fisher, Richard H. Forster, Dean Hennessy, Charles M. Kidner, Arthur L. Lee, William R. MacAusland, David Loring, Thomas R. Nunan, Francis Parkman, Paul F. Perkins, William D. Swan, David M. Thompson, Alexander W. Watson, Richard Wheatland, and Orrin G. Wood.