HOUSE CREWS RACE IN FINALS; BUNNIES WIN SOFTBALL TITLE

Bellboys, Dudley, Kirkland Compete for Baseball Title

Two heats yesterday started House crew on its 1943 season with the top two crews in each heat scheduled to meet for the championship today. Kirkland, Adams, Eliot, and Leverett will dip their oars into the water at 5:30 o'clock in the race to wind up the two day schedule.

Softball ended Wednesday as Leverett trounced Eliot 5 to 0. As the season was breathing its last gasps, the Bunnies rolled up a 10 to 2 triumph over Adams, Dunster toppled Winthrop 4 to 3, and Eliot downed Dudley 7 to 6.

In baseball, Dudley yesterday took a 6 to 2 decision from Leverett. For the Ramblers, Mike DeLeo went the distance while Bill Notz and Hank Odell were on the hill for the Bunnies. Dick Warren of Leverett, banged out the longest hit of the day, a triple in the first inning.

The Commuters also rang the bell on Wednesday, beating Adams 5 to 2, while Leverett had a big day at the plate, rolling up an 11 to 1 triumph over Eliot.

Kirkland managed to nose out Lowell 10 to 9, although the Bellboys staged a five-run last inning which just fell short. Mort Mendelsohn pitched good ball for the Deacons but tired badly in the late innings while Ed Troupin did an excellent relief job for Lowell after the second inning. Eddie Gray poled a home run for the losers and Dick Karb notched three hits for Kirkland.

Lowell and Dudley are slated to play off today, the winner to meet Kirkland for the championship Saturday. The Deacons also have another final contest coming up tomorrow when they face Leverett for the tennis crown.