MUZZLEBLAST

As the Caissons Go Rolling

In line with its policy of a maximum of practical work, the ROTC has scheduled another all day RSOP to Middlesex Fells tomorrow. The battery plans to leave at 0900 from the motor shed, and the volunteers will take two of the new howitzers to the State Reservation about six miles north of here for maneuvers, Box lunches will be consumed in the field and the battery expects to return about 1800.

Practices for this RSOP were held at the Field last week and last Tuesday and were pronounced satisfactory by Cadet Major Corrigan, BC of Battery 2 and Cadet Captain Gordon, Tuesday's BC. Wire communication was obtained in all gun emplacements but, because of a shortage of WTs, it was fairly slow going in during the first practice RSOP. With an enlarged personnel, the battery is expected to function more smoothly tomorrow.

Feature of the practice RSOPs were simulated tank attacks, one of which was successfully repulsed; the first attack was completely successful as none of the cannoneers recognized their prime movers as tanks.

Although reading period relaxation has been prevalent in most courses, ROTC advanced cadets have been putting in the usual hours at classes and, in many cases, extra hours on the Bishop trainers in order to make up gunnery labs which were rained out or missed because of holidays. MS 4 students have been pronounced by the Department proficient shots with the trainers, having used them continuously since last summer, and MS 3 students are learning much and improving daily.

Col. Wood spent last Tuesday and Wednesday inspecting the Yale FA ROTC unit. Reports of neither inspection have been made public as yet.

Attendance at Commencement exercises is now completely voluntary for all Mil Sci students. Arrangements will be made for all men who expect to be present and who would like to participate to do so.

All cadets who do not intend to use their uniforms anymore for RSOPs or Commencement may turn in all equipment at the Kirkland House F Entry Supply Room to Sgt. Ricelli. Be sure to obtain a clearance slip from Miss Cunningham or Miss Mirra first. All ROTC equipment must be handed in before May 27 (unless it is to be used in Commencement exercises) or the student will be charged for it.