Yale Lacrosse Squad Overcomes Early Lead

Crimson Fails to Maintain 4 to 3 First Half Advantage

Inability to maintain a first half lead brought defeat to the Crimson stickmen at the hands of a Yale ten Wednesday by the score of 6 to 4. Played at New Haven, the contest looked like a sure Harvard victory until attackman Warren of Yale got his stick to produce three goals.

Not discouraged by the Blue's first period markers, the Crimson ten ran up four points before the end of the second period. The scoring was started by Bill Guild, who was immediately followed by Jay Hurley, Tom Bridge, and Nat Brackett. Just before the end of the period a very accurate pass set up a shot by Yale's Hilliard which netted another Blue point, making the score 4 to 3 in favor of the visitors.

The second half was a different story when the Crimson attackers were hand-cuffed by a tricky Blue defense. Attackmen Stricher and Starhenski led Yale in their bid for three last half scores. Dave Thompson, Jim Conway, and Bud Lane played their best game this year in the midfield, although Captain Tom Bridge, George Angle, and Ed Barber started in the midfield.

Tomorrow the team will travel to Springfield hoping to wind up its season with a .500 average. Half of the squad are guests of Governor Dummer Academy, playing an informal game there.