Freshman Committee Selected By Council

Delegates Represent Four Houses, V-12ers

Breaking the precedent of electing Freshman officers for the second time in two years, Frank S. Whiting, Student Council secretary, announced Monday the appointment of a nine-man class committee.

Last summer the first Freshman class committee was organized with representatives from all the Houses in order to promote class unity despite the separation of its members into several Houses. Last year's group sponsored several dances and climaxed its year with the traditional Freshman Jubilee. This year's committee will maintain the same policy.

Five Groups Represented

The nine men selected from a list of students submitted by Freshman advisers represent men in Adams, Dunster, and Lowell Houses, Dudley, the commuters' center, and men of the V-12 stationed in Eliot and Kirkland Houses.

Those named include Stephan D. Becker of Adams House and Yonkers, New York, Robert S. Gordon, Jr. of Adams House and Scarsdale, New York, John C. Babcock of Dunster House and Bayside, New York, Victor J. Critchlow of Dunster House and Portland, Oregon, Richard A. Green of Lowell House and Trenton, New Jersey James R. Hollis of Lowell House and Los Angeles, California, Frederick P. Murphy of Lowell House and East Norwalk, Connecticut, Robert E. Barry of Dudley Hall and Cambridge, James C. Dolan of V-12, Eliot House, and Wyandotte, Michigan, and Robert E. Philpot of V-12, Kirkland House, and Scarsdale, New York.