COUNCIL ENDS FOOD PROTEST

Averting a probable food strike at the Adams House dining hall, the Student Council called a general meeting of all Adams House members in their lower common room at 1:30 o'clock Saturday at which Wentworth Hayes, the steward, answered complaints from the floor as well as a list of questions prepared by the Council.

Following the meeting the Council named a five-man sub-committee representing members of the three civilian Houses--Adams, Dunster, and Lowell.

Hayes declared that civilian House members were allowed only 93 ration points per meal, while Navy men are given 1.96 points, or over twice the ration of the civilians.

Hayes, when asked by a Council member if he placed the value of a smooth-running lunch line above the quality of the food, made no reply.

The newly appointed Council group will act mainly as a fact-finding committee. The will look over the College books at Lehman Hall which the administration has offered to open to them.

The committee will also seek the answer to the question of why other colleges are getting better food than Harvard. Any person having any complaint about food at the University should make it in writing to John W. Ellison '44, Adams G-1.

Members of the Student Council sub-committee include William W. Dunn '46, John W. Ellison '44, Maurice M. Osborne '45, Robert W Regan '46, and Paul D. Tibbetts '45.