FRESHMAN SOCIAL PLANS POSTPONED

November 20 Probable Date Of Reorganized Dance Event

Freshmen will have to wait until next term for their first dance, the Class of '47's Executive Committee decided at a meeting last night. Reviewing complications that arose during the past week at the decision of the V-12 Unit to have a dance the week before, mainly for the benefit of departing students, the Committee moved to postpone the dance until November 20, date of the traditional Yale weekend.

Since the unavoidable lateness in the selection of a V-12 House Committee prevented the Navy men from signifying their intention of having a dance any earlier, it was considered best by the Freshmen to hold their affair later, also on the grounds that there would be more V-12ers leaving at the end of this term than Freshmen.

Dates Too Close

Because of the proximity of the two dances, and that of the civilian Houses, the attendance, and therefore success, of each group would be affected. The Committee figured that since the Freshmen and V-12 were both having dances through their respective residences, the combined affair could wait until next term when it would probably have a bigger turnout.

Although there has been no new announcement yet concerning the cancelled Yale football game, the Committee members consider the date a good one as it is the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Stephen D. Becker was chosen chairman for the dance with the other members of the Freshman Committee to assist him. The importance of the weekend will determine whether the dance will be formal or informal and also the price of tickets. The site has not yet been chosen.