BROWN QUINTET HOLDS EDGE OVER -STAHLMEN

Bruin Battle Heads List of Tough Foes

Varsity basketball practice will resume this afternoon when Coach Floyd Stahl sends his courtmen onto the floor in an attempt to whip the Crimson into shape for its stiffest test to date, an encounter with Brown next Wednesday night in the Indoor Athletic Building.

Unless mid-term results prove damagaing, Stahl will probably stick with his Tufts starting lineup, which had Mike Keene at center instead of at his regular guard position.

Bruins Good

Hungry for the taste of victory, the Crimson will have a face one of the East's top teams, a power-packed Bruin machine led by Captain Grimshaw, Bach, McCullough, and Quinn. Bach, a rugged six-foot-two center, is called the best courtman, in New England by Brown coach Rip Engall.

Clark, Chapple, Keene, Johnson and Co. may be playing informal ball but there is nothing "informal" about the schedule which faces team. In addition to Brown, they still have to tangle with Holy Cross, conqueror of Indiana co-champions De Pauw, Cushing Naval Hospital, winner of 12 straight, and numerous service teams, most of which are studded with former collegiate hoop stars.

Despite this high-power competition, the Crimson have not been outclassed in their three losses so far, and they have at times shown an ability to strike from far behind as in the first half of the Tufts game. Whether this potential power will explode, may be decided next Wednesday when the team taken the court against a highly-favored Brown unit.